07/05/2020

Who is Kave?

Well, well. After a long (embarrassingly so) time of not doing anything about this blog I am here to introduce myself. So today you'll learn who is Kave!

I am the pigment-crazed one in our duo. I am 20 years old, I own five dogs and will study to become a nurse. My english isn't the best yet, but as I'll study in English I believe it'll get better. My life has been a real journey in the last year. I moved away from my parents into a small apartment. Then I moved back here to my parents. Here I have more space for model stuff. I currently have two tables, one for studying etc and the other one for model stuff.

My "artist name" is Kave, and I use the name Silmin Maalatuin models. Silmin maalatuin means with painted eyes, it's a name I gave for my Finnish blog a long time ago. Since then it has become my "studio" name and I go by it. 

Working with pigments

I prefer pigments when painting models, and this has become sort of an speciality of mine. I also customize but am just a beginner in resculpting. Customizing is fun, but it's a lot of learn and error at this stage. Also I am really not a horse-person. Which I find funny, since I collect model horses. Don't get me wrong, I love horses BUT it's not my favourite animal. My favourite is dogs, and bovine! This really doesn't matter that much, but it makes this hobby harder for me. I have studied horse colours, breeds etc all for this hobby. I still get confused with all of these a lot...

My collection is... versatile? I have lots of scales, lots of different brand and animals. I have tigers, horses, dogs, a lot of cattle... Safaris, Collecta, Breyer, Schleich, Papo... I have fantasy animals that I make in my own style etc. Looking at my modelshelves can be a real journey. I believe I am the only one who won't be surprised by what you can find there.


I have been collecting since 2009 or 2010, so for ten years already! It took me long to get into breyers, because getting them in Finland is hard. But for years I dreamt of them, and now I have over 20 (I need to count them again...). My entire collection is something around 300 models.

I am planning on posting about my hobby way more in future. I haven't posted here before, which is embarrassing. But sometimes life just doesn't go according to plans! But I am back at blogging and you can't get me out for good (even if I take some breaks every now and then). This introduction is short, but you'll get to know me better with time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, tell your opinion, thoughts, just everything these posts bring on your mind. Though, we're not going to answer one word comments, and proper grammar would be well appreciated.